One of Camden’s great strengths is its diverse community institutions. From the West End to West End Lane, Camden has a unmatched breadth of local communities, and we’re committed to supporting them all.
We will save and support local pubs and keep all our libraries open. We’ll also work with local businesses to ensure our high streets are vibrant, diverse, and successful.
We’ll support sport to promote good health, and work with our diverse communities to ensure Camden remains a diverse and tolerant borough.
The Conservative plan to build strong communities in Camden
- We will reduce Business Rates for pubs and other Assets of Community Value, and protect all pubs as Assets of Community Value.
- We will introduce 20 minutes of free parking on minor high streets and reduce the number of Business Rates mis-valuations.
- We will keep all libraries open, extend library opening hours, co-locate services at council-run libraries, and increase funding for community libraries.
- We will make swimming free for children in school holidays.
- We will guarantee the future of the Globe Tennis Club in Belsize Park.
- We will combat intolerance and continue to work to keep our Jewish community safe.