Labour talk the talk on the environment, but has failed to walk the walk. Labour have resisted installing more electric car chargers, said that trees are bad for air quality, and taken underwhelming actions to decarbonise, combat flooding, or reduce exhaust fumes.
Camden Conservatives will make Camden the greenest borough in London: raising air quality, opening green spaces, planting more trees, and improving biodiversity.
Local Conservative councillors will:
- Install 1,000 new electric car charging points a year on lamp posts on residential roads to allow people to drive electric cars without any loss of parking spaces.
- Open pocket parks across Camden, including three new parks in Hampstead.
- Plant hundreds of new trees on streets, protect existing trees, and end over-zealous pollarding.
- Reducing carbon emissions by replacing gas boilers to electric heat pumps in council properties.
- Take action to prevent flooding by clearing drains more often and ending garden grabbing.
- Reduce exhaust fumes by backing electric vehicle use, tackling school run traffic, imposing proper fines for engine idling, and creating a Low Emission Bus Zone.