Camden is London’s high-tax borough. It has increased your Council Tax for eight years straight: increasing Council Tax by more than any other London borough. It now charges three times as much Council Tax as Conservative-run Westminster – which also has cleaner streets and better services.
That is a choice. Every year, Camden Conservatives table a detailed alternative budget – costed by Camden Council’s own finance director, so you know the sums add up. That identifies millions in back-office savings and would lead to lower taxes, less waste, and more money for front-line services: from restoring weekly bin collections to installing hundreds of electric car chargers.
Conservative councillors scrutinise Camden’s finances, identify areas of waste, and will lower your Council Tax without impacting services.
Local Conservative councillors will:
- Freeze or cut core Council Tax every year of a Conservative administration, and table proposals to reduce it each year we’re in opposition: by cutting waste not services.
- Make better use of unused office space, parking spaces, and council flats, which Camden currently loses millions of pounds a year by leaving empty.
- Save millions by sharing back office services: working with Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea, which have saved tens of millions of pounds a year each and delivered better services.
- Bid for all funding available rather than being unambitious or refusing funding due to politics.
- Be entrepreneurial to increase council revenue without raising taxes