Living in the heart of a global city comes with amazing opportunities. It also comes with the difficulties of pollution and a lack of green spaces.
Two of the five most polluted wards in the country are in Camden and that is just not good enough. Camden Conservatives are committed to making Camden the greenest borough in London: raising air quality, opening green spaces, planting more trees, and improving biodiversity.
That’s why Camden Conservatives voted to adopt the World Health Organisation’s high standards for air quality. It’s why every Conservative councillor backs the London National Park City project. And it’s why we support going further.
The Conservative plan for a greener Camden
- We will open pocket parks across Camden, including three new parks in Hampstead.
- We will plant hundreds of new trees on streets and protect existing trees.
- We will install 2,000 electric car charging points on lamp posts on residential roads to allow people to drive electric cars without any loss of parking spaces.
- We will work to extend TfL cycle hire stations to South Hampstead, West Hampstead, Primrose Hill, and Belsize Park and open a new cycling proficiency centre.
- We will reduce exhaust fumes by backing electric vehicle use, tackling school run traffic, imposing proper fines for engine idling, and creating a Low Emission Bus Zone.
- We will protect local biodiversity, including by ending use of glyphosate weed-killers.