Camden is brilliantly diverse, but united in its beauty. Each community has a distinct identity that sets it apart, and Camden Conservatives are committed to preserving each and every one.
But each year, the Council allows more and more identikit developments that transform our different and diverse neighbourhoods to be more and more like each other: eroding what makes each neighbourhood special.
We will keep opposing over-development in all its forms: whether high-rise developments in low-rise areas, ugly developments that are out-of-character of the area, or basement excavations that threaten neighbours.
Local Conservative councillors will:
- Oppose the high-rise developments at the O2 Centre and Murphy’s Yard.
- Block high-rise developments in low-rise areas by designating them as inappropriate for tall buildings, and instead support mansion blocks, terraces, and mews housing.
- Introduce a ‘sub squad’ to police basement developments and ensure they do not harm neighbouring properties, funded by the applicants.
- Reinstate notification letters to neighbours of planning applications.
- Support Neighbourhood Plans being adopted across Camden and protect Conservation Areas by updating out-of-date Conservation Area statements.
- Protect and restore the picturesque characters of Camden’s urban villages.