One of Camden’s great strengths is its diverse community institutions. From the West End to West End Lane, Camden has an unmatched breadth of local communities, and we are committed to supporting them all.
We will back alfresco ‘streateries’, save and support local pubs, and work with local businesses to ensure our high streets are vibrant, diverse, and successful.
We will ensure all our libraries stay open, support older and disabled residents, and take steps to ensure Camden remains a safe and tolerant borough for all.
Local Conservative councillors will:
- Support al fresco ‘streateries’ like in Belsize Village where there is public support for them to revitalise our community centres and support local businesses.
- Protect community pubs and give them reductions in their Business Rates.
- Keep our libraries open and extend opening hours at Swiss Cottage Library.
- Support older residents by helping people take in lodgers, backing inter-generational volunteering, and investing in community facilities, as we have at Henderson Court.
- Support health and well-being by ensuring developments have sufficient GP surgeries and providing step-free access at tube stations.